Thursday, May 29, 2008

Return to Hilversum


On May 29th, we were able to make a return trip to one of my favorite cities, Hilversum, where I served twice, when I was a young missionary 40 years earlier. It was so great to be there again. We visited another senior missionary couple, the Funks. They showed me the Ward list and I was able to find the names of some people that we had baptized 40 years ago. We later visited Sister Van Scheijen (van sky N) and her daughter, Ellie. It was so amazing to see them again. We gave them hugs and promised to visit again soon.

Also on Tuesday and Wednesday we helped take the missionaries through the Hague Temple. It was a great experience, oh, and Elder Servoss was set apart as a veil worker here too. We go again next week to help with the French speaking missionaries, Zuster Servoss will love that.

No comments: